My top 5 places for solo women to travel to:
1. Paris, France. My favorite city in the world! This is very biased list because Paris is the first city I ever solo traveled to. I decided that I wanted to spend my 30th birthday in Paris, so I planned a fantastic trip that included the Lourve, Palace of Versailles, nd last but not least the French open and seeing my girl Serena Williams play. I have traveled to Paris every year since then. Each trip is different and exciting. I always feel safe and have never run into any security issues. I never get bored and always seems to find something new to explore in my favorite city. With the shops, fashion, food, museums and eye candy what’s not to love?
2. Tokyo, Japan. I had an amazing opportunity to travel to Japan a few years ago after I found this awesome deal for a roundtrip flight to Tokyo for $400!! I spent a week in Tokyo and had the time of my life. I went to a kitty cafe, Tokyo towers, Shibuya square, Harajuku and everything in between. Tokyo offers so much to do for every walk of life. There are amazing shops, museums, ecletic cafe/ bars, temples and parks. It’s so clean and organized. Its probably one of the safest cities in the world and I can’t wait to go back.
3. Chiang Mai, Thailand. Thailand is in itself an amazing country! The country is so beautiful and inexpensive! The American dollar goes a long way over there. I had a chance to spend a few days in Chiang Mai this past December. Chiang Mai in my opinion is the middle ground between lackadaisical Phuket and busy Bangkok. Its the perfect place to relax, eat amazing food and pamper yourself on the cheap. That’s exactly what I did and enjoyed so much about Chiang Mai. It’s a great place to get off the plane, kick your feet up and feel like a queen.
4. Split, Croatia. Split is a beautiful city that mixes both modern life and ancient history. Its located off the Adriatic sea so the views are breathtaking. I enjoyed strolling along the Promenade, eating breakfast and staring out watching the crystal blue waves. Split offers so much ancient history including Diocletian’s Palace (which was built in 305AD), St. Domnius Cathedral, and Old Town Split. There are great restaurants, shops and so much natural beauty. I took a day trip Krka National Park which was unforgettable. Let’s not also forget that Croatian eye candy Split offers.
5. Singapore, Singapore. I am definitely one of the cliches that read Crazy Rich Asians and then absolutely had to take myself to Singapore. I mean between Nick Young, the hawker stalls, Orchard Road and pineapple tarts I knew I had to go. Singapore in real life exceeded all my expectations. It’s so freaking pretty! The city is so vibrant and you know I love my colors!! There’s Joo Chiat Rd., Little India, Gardens by the Bay and so much more. I also appreciate how important nature is to Singapore. The Cloud Forest, the Flower Dome and the Singapore Botanical Garden are definite must. Also lets not forget Marina Bay Sands and the award winning Singapore Airport! I say every solo traveler must experience Singapore.